Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One Year

On this day one year ago, I boarded a train bound for New York City. I've been thinking about this anniversary for weeks now and have had ideas for all sort of "one year assessment" posts for this blog. Maybe that will still happen, but at the moment I'm finding myself at a loss. One year ago I was frantically packing and trying not to let on that I was more nervous than excited about my big move. I feel like the best summary is to describe what I did today, one year later:


-In the morning I went to my internship at the Met
-When asked about my recent trip to Seattle, I glowed and told them that I had a wonderful time
-At lunch I chatted with a classmate and griped about all the drama that was already involved in our exhibition class for next year
-After the Met, I hurried over to FIT to squeeze in an hour of work
-At my library job at FIT, I met with my boss to catch up on what I had missed last week. She was particularly intrigued when I told her "I like New York, but I feel an incredible sense of place in Seattle."
-After work I headed upstairs to watch Pret-a-Porter, the last movie in my professor's Fashion in Film series
-I went to bed in my apartment in Brooklyn, and tried not to stress out about my move to Manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment