Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blind Item: Internship at the Met

I realized that other than posting a picture of my ID, I haven’t written anything about my internship at the Met. The thing is, I’ve been a little nervous to do so. On the first day we were told that some of what we do and see is confidential, and that past interns have gotten in trouble for posting things on the internet. The problem is, they weren’t very clear about what was off limits. I can sort of guess, but since I’m not sure, I’m going to do it like a gossip column. Sometimes a reporter has a really juicy piece of news, but can’t reveal it for whatever reason. So they post a frustratingly useless “blind item” that is something like “a famous married actor with a big summer movie was recently spotted smooching a certain famous blonde.”

So here is a totally un-informative rundown of my time at the Met:


- I’ve seen some really amazing objects

- One time, there was a famous photographer taking pictures of some clothes

- A designer from a well-known fashion house came to look at some pieces from the house’s history.

- Some of the work I do involves a typewriter, scotch tape, and an aerosol spray can.

- A separate task involves a heat gun, a letter opener, and some metal clamps

- The staff is nice and approachable instead of snobby like I expected

- The employee café is awesome

- Something I did involved this:



If you want to hear more, just ask me in person. So long as I sweep the room for recording devices, I think it will be safe to give you more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment