Sunday, January 22, 2012

Things I Vacuumed Today

A few weeks ago one of my blog-reading friends asked if I had vacuumed anything interesting lately. When I responded with an actual answer of a few things that I had vacuumed, we agreed that maybe I should just give up the blog and change to a twitter account listing weird things I cleaned at work. To us, this seemed hilarious.

What do you think, readers? Would you like to get fascinating life updates from me like:

-Vacuumed wooden beer crate

-Washed Hypercolor T-shirt

-Used cotton ball to clean orange helmet

-Used Q-tip to clean shot glass

-Stuffed smelly wedding dress into fume hood

I love my job, but it often strikes me as a really weird gig. When I try to explain what I do, the first question people usually ask is, "Ok, so what do you actually do all day?" And then I have to respond with something like, "Well today I tenderly washed a novelty T-shirt from the 1990s in a bath of water and gentle surfactant."

1 comment: