Monday, September 26, 2011

This Week By the Numbers

Last Friday I had a remarkable revelation. Between that evening and the following Friday I was going to sleep in six different beds.


I spent my last East Coast weekend traveling to Virginia for a wedding. The couple is closely connected to Menno House and a whole group of assorted New York Mennonites were making the trip. Friday night I took a bus to Philadelphia with my friends Lindsay and Ben and we stayed the night at Lindsay's parent's house. On Saturday we drove down to Harrisonburg, Virginia and spent the night with seven other people in a hilariously rustic cabin. On Sunday it was back to New York. I'm leaving tomorrow and will take two different trains during my journey. On Friday, I will sleep in my bed at my parent's house.


This also means that between last Friday and this Friday I will have been in 15 different states. The wedding trip took us through New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia. The train will take me through New York and Pennsylvania again, and then on through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Washington.


*About the picture: before the wedding reception someone decided that it was terribly necessary to spell out "Menno" with our bodies. No alcohol had yet been consumed at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment