Friday, November 26, 2010

Journey through a 1970s men's magazine

No, not THAT kind of "men's magazine." This kind:


My research into the world of patterned men's pants is in full swing. Which means that I've been spending quality time with old issues of GQ. Let's see what we've found...


This one is for my card game loving Earlham friends:

I should note that the caption explains this gallant dude has lent his lady the top. So the shorts and the jacket are supposed to be worn as a set. Just picture that for a moment.

I like to imagine this one as the result of a 1970s Project Runway challenge.
[Tim Gunn voice] "Designers, we've brought you to this swamp to remind you that sometimes the fashion industry is remarkably humid and moist. Now you must transform this upholstered couch and this prison jumpsuit into a fabulous gentleman's evening ensemble."

In case you can't read the blurry image, all you need to know is that this is an ad for wrap-around pants called "Cruisers." I don't see any need to write a joke here.

Next up, I'm not really sure what this camera effect is called:

But once GQ figured it out, they were super into it.


Multiplied butt shot!!


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment