Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things that have happened to me

So I guess I'm still blogging. Now that I'm back from New York I suppose I could stop, but now it is habit and I have this idea that people need to know what is going on with me. Ah, the vanity of the internet.


I've thought about starting a twitter account. If I had, these are some things I probably would have tweeted about this week.


Oct 1:
In Eastern Washington for Mennonite Country Auction. After eating at every food booth I suddenly became aware of all the obese people around me eating the same things.


Oct 2:
Went for a run.


Oct 3:
First day of work! About 50% orientation and 50% "So um...just go to your office and manage the textiles"


Oct 4:
Managed some textiles.


Oct 5:
Went to a planning meeting for exhibits at the new museum. Got to provide professional advice about a sleeveless lumberjack shirt for the GLBT rights case.


Oct 6:
Visited offsite costume storage and tried to stay calm in awesome presence of collection I am now in charge of.


Oct 7:
Moved a lot of artifacts from one place to another. Sewed a label into a gown worn by a local Congresswoman.


Oct 8:
Nearly had a meltdown in cereal aisle of Fred Meyer when I saw so many delicious things for cheap. One thing New York sucked at was cereal sales.


Oct 9:
Had "Aw Seattle!" moment when local farmer's market came complete with aging hippie couple performing euphoric banjo and clogging act to the delight of other hippies.


Oct 10:
Put tiny artifact numbers on a collection of medical supplies from local Biotechnology company. Found it strangely satisfying rather than tedious. Must be in the right profession.


Oct 11:
Brought suit with weird stains home to wash. Didn't realize how giant it was until I laid it flat to dry. Stains are gone but how am I going to dress it on our tiny mannequins?


Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment