Friday, August 12, 2011

Big News

Dear readers, I have some pretty big news for you: At the end of September I am moving back to Seattle!

I was fully planning to spend another year in New York City, but I was just offered a job that I couldn't turn down. In October I will be returning to MOHAI to work as a collections assistant and as the person in charge of the costume and textile collection. The job will allow me to exercise a lot of the skills I learned in school (proper storage! research! object handling! mannequin dressing!) and I'll get to do it all in my beloved home town. Since starting my thesis work on JDB, I've realized how little knowledge is out there about fashion in Seattle. Along with all of my day-to-day duties, I plan to turn myself into the region's top authority on fashion history.

I've also decided to return to Seattle the way I left: by train. This week I bought a ticket to make the reverse journey that I made two years ago. Which brings me to an important question- should I continue my blog? I started this site with a tale of my trip to New York, and it has mostly been about those adventures. Blogging about my return journey seems like a good end point. I could also just change format or maybe title for the blog. I'm not really in love with either the url or the title, and neither really reflects what it is about. So if you have an opinion on the subject, let me know!

In any case, I will certainly continue writing through the return train trip. So stay tuned for tales of packing and the scramble to finish my thesis before I leave town!


No comments:

Post a Comment