Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yet even more exhibition stuff...

The exhibition continues to be a dominating factor in my life. This week there were tours to lead and a major presentation for 90 high schoolers to plan and present--not to mention keeping up with all the press coverage we have gotten! So far I think the most exciting ones have been Vogue Italia, Elle.com, The New York Times, and the Racked article in which they finally mentioned our grad program.


Yesterday, after we finished our giant presentation for FIT's pre-college program, I had my classmates over for a potluck. It was a wonderful time to laugh and vent about various things, and it occurred to me that no one among my family and friends (even my housemate) have actually met all of the women with whom I have been spending all of my time. I've spent a year and a half in an incredibly tight-knit community, yet if I showed any of you a picture of my class you probably wouldn't be able to name anyone!


So here is a little ode to my classmates. This is the group of 11 of us who worked on the exhibition and are on track to graduate in May (there are four part-time students who we consider as part of our class but who won't be done with coursework this year).



From left to right: Rebecca (my partner for a menswear project where we compared the work of Michael Kors to John Varvators), Sarah (we have worked on a couple of projects together and both interned at the Met last summer), Me (if you didn't know that, get off this blog), Audrey (One of the curators of the show who I sometimes rode the subway with when I lived in Brooklyn), Emma (the other curator, who invited me to my first party when I moved to New York), Laura (who is always fabulously dressed and here is wearing an actual Vivienne Westwood), Miriam (who went out to lunch with me on that first terrifying first day of orientation), Jessica (who once journeyed all the way from her apartment at the north tip of Manhattan to visit me in Brooklyn), [lower row] Tatiana (another group project collaborator who is always ready with advice and pointers), Cassidy (possibly even more obsessed with British movies and TV than me), and Ariele (who invited me over for hors d'oeuvres and prosecco on my birthday). Our class generally gets along very well, and I feel blessed to be part of such a great group.


No comments:

Post a Comment