Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some Pictures from February

I've been back to my New York life for about a month now. This semester is already shaping up to be very busy, but I'm enjoying my classes and enjoying this city more and more. So...um....here are some pictures.


I walked past this holiday-themed window several times in my neighborhood before finally taking a picture. The palpable romantic tension between Abe and George made me giggle every time.

Yesterday I turned in my first major assignment of the semester. We had to visit an exhibit somewhere in the city, and then write a review and give a presentation about it. I picked an awesome little show about Victorian photocollage at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was really fun and whimsical, and proves that Victorians weren't all stuffy and unimaginative. Here are some favorites:


I am so in love with this exhibit right now, and am trying to think of ways to make some extra money and buy the expensive exhibit catalog. So if embarrassing google ads start popping up on this blog, you'll know that I've sold out to fund my photocollage habit. If you want to see more, go here:

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/victorian_photocollage/images.asp

I've mentioned my roommate's cats a few times, but haven't properly introduced them. When they first arrived they were terrified of me (John explained that they had always lived with men, and so it was probably my voice that was scary. Thanks, John.) and had trouble using the litter box instead of the floor. But now their toilet habits are in order, and they no longer flee at the sound of my feminine roar.


This is Lulu. She is the younger of the two, but recently had a bunch of her teeth removed. She enjoys: hanging out in an old box, gumming her food, and sitting in chairs that you were about to sit in.



This is Coco. She is 15. I have no idea why this text is underlined. I was going to make some crack about Coco being a confused old lady, but nothing makes me feel more like a confused old lady than the stupid formatting on this blog. WHY BLOGGER? WHY IS THIS TEXT UNDERLINED AND WHY CAN I FIND NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF? WHY CAN'T ONE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN HELP ME WITH THIS???

Gah. Seriously.

Anyway. Coco. She is very sweet and a little creaky. She enjoys: sleeping under the kitchen table, and staring off into space while standing awkwardly on your lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment